INSTITUTE PROGRAMS > SPECIAL PROGRAMS > BREATHMOVES
This workshop will present material used in the one year breathmoves program and will help people understand how this program can also be a helpful training for their personal and professional growth.
Breath as the movement in the body created by inhalation – exhalation – pause is more than just a functional process. Breath movement, or the wind of the human spirit, life itself, embodies the belief that our spirit, our soul, rides upon our breath, which incites emotion and informs motion.
When the body is moved by the breath, soul and spirit become visible. Breathmoves (formerly breathdance) is a special breathexperience program, developed by Juerg Roffler, founder and director of the Middendorf Institute for Breathexperience in Berkeley.
Breathmoves is an inspiration and path to find the truth of expression of Self, using the breath as a source and initiator of all movements and expression, unfolding what we are in essence.
The breathmoves program teaches how movements are initiated and defined by breath and through this process the beauty of your truth is effortlessly actualized. No athletic training needed.
Breathexperience opens the door for mutual connection and understanding through breath, an intelligence embodied within ourselves that can become our guide towards healing and ease to restore balance in our lives.
Breathexperience is the path that expresses this embodied intelligence, a knowing rooted in our essence made apparent through movement – movement compelled by breath. These movements encapsulate and articulate our truth and confirm that experience informs our lives.
This intelligence in breath movement becomes palpable in breathmoves work.
In this workshop participants can also learn and experience how the practice of breathexperience can:
- Bring more ease and flow into movements and expression.
- Help recognize the authentic Self in movement.
- Bring more Self expression.
- Let you understand how breath initiates, infuses and forms movements.
- Bring access to your own creative resources to avoid burnout and injury.
- Help balance vital forces and avoid exhaustion.
- Bring more joy and fulfillment into performing.
- Reduce performance anxiety without medication.
- Show the benefits of shifting from doing/controlling to allowing.
- Resolve stress and give more access to core/essence/center of yourself.
- Develop more self-responsibility.
- Help you respond to life’s challenges rather than react.
Dates for breathmoves
Four segements per year. Dates see Event Schedule.
Times each segment: Friday - 3:30 to 8:00 pm; Sat. & Sun. 9:30 am to 5:00 pm; Mon. 9:30 to 3:00
Cost: $450 per segment includes a hands on session